I recently participated in a trial and review of Woolzies Dryer balls, so let me tell you about them!
A few of their claims:
- Reduces Dryer Time – This was not the case for me. It seems about the same. However, if you have more balls, they claim it works better. Since my trial package only had 6 balls, I don’t think it did justice for a large load of towels! More balls would have helped.
- Safe for the environment – How can I measure that? It was nice that I was reducing waste in my own house, and not having to buy fabric softener. Also, Woolzies are supposed to be safer. If you use other dryer balls (like rubber), they may not be safe at high temperatures, and may put chemicals into your clothing. Woolzies are chemical-free.
- Last for 1,000 loads – I have been using them for 2 months (about 8 loads per week), and they are still in great shape!
- Reduces static cling – they work just as well as other fabric softeners in this area.
- Softens – this really is true! My clothes come out just as soft as when I use liquid, or dryer sheets.
So, is it worth it? On their website, one 6-ball package sells for $34.95. They offer free shipping. You can find them a little cheaper on other sites, like Amazon. I am enjoying them, but would have a hard time paying that. But if you are the environmentally-conscious/green type of person, these are definitely for you!
Want to win a free pack, shipped to your door? Just leave a comment below. I will choose a winner Monday at 2pm, so get in on it! 🙂
And the winner is… Neita Nicely! 🙂 Congratulations, Neita!