I have many resolutions this year, some cannot even be put into specific words. Some are private and will not be shared with the blog world. But some I will share:
- To walk closer to the Lord; I will read through the Bible this year. I fail every year but I am determined to do it! I want to pray more! I have a list, and I will stick to it! My family deserves for me to be the best mother and wife I can be, the one God made me to be. And even more than that, the Lord who saved me deserves for me to be my best. He didn’t save me and put me into the ministry for me to give my second (or third) best.
- Encourage my husband; speak kind words to him daily. I want to buy or make a sweet card every week or two, and plan other little special things to show him I love him. Life is so short and relationships are the backbone of life. I want my husband to know I love him!
- To have family meals; we eat together, but more often than not, we’re piled in front of a funny movie, or an Andy Griffith. I want to take the time to talk, laugh, and eat around the table with my family.
- Get healthy; this includes losing around 35 pounds (for me), and adding more fruits and vegetables for the whole family. It rests mostly on my shoulders to see that my husband and children are eating healthy. Also, eating in more often than out is on the agenda. This will help our health and our finances. In the past, I have fallen into the trap of thinking it’s too expensive to eat healthy. But tracking our expenses for a few months has shown that eating out costs way more. We can afford to eat more healthy. Also, Jamin and I are both adding exercise!
- Budgeting; it is so hard to budget! We are determined to be better stewards of what God has given us. I guess there aren’t many specifics for this category, with the exception of eating out only once or twice per week – it will save us lots!
- Journaling – on the blog! Since I have found that blogs can be printed, I am even more inspired to blog. I want to document even the smallest cute antics that come from my precious children, so they can be bound in a book and enjoyed for years to come.
I can’t believe it’s 2010!! Remember all the people who were convinced Christ would return in 2000? I mean, we are to be looking for His coming, but “no man knoweth” when. Sometimes I can’t believe life still goes on. I am a married woman! I have two children! We have been in the ministry for four years!
Praise the Lord for His goodness in our lives! We have enjoyed great health, nice places to live, plenty of food (we read about this in my resolutions!), a wonderful church, awesome friends and family! Life is not perfect, but we are SO blessed! I hope I can always look at 2010 as a new year to serve the Lord!!